Saturday, May 19, 2012

January 11, 2011



i
am
so
blessed
:)

 for the past two days, in honor of my daddy i was able to talk with hundreds of people who were blessed by him. what a privilege to see the legacy he left  :)
thank you so much everyone for your care and concern and genuine, authentic friendship and love during this extremely challenging time. i am overwhelmed and so very thankful for the wonderful support that jesus has surrounded me with.

there is no way i could ever sum up my daddy in just a little facebook note...or 3 zillion facebook notes for that matter. but. i am thankful for that.
i have no regrets with my daddy only 22 years full of love and laughter and wisdom and memories to carry with me forever. my dad taught me to love and to be loved. we had a lot of fun and i am sure that we could have had a lot more....
but jesus is good always. he is always faithful and he always knows best and so i trust him still.
we played this song and i think it is so appropriate

"when peace like a river attendeth my way
when sorrows like sea billows roll
whatever my lot thou hast taught me to say
it is well it is well with my soul"

1 corinthians 13:4-8
love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. it does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful it does not rejoice at wrong doin, but rejoices with the truth. love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. love never ends.

that verse talks about the love of jesus and i learned that love of jesus from my daddy :)

i wrote this poem in the car this morning and shared it at my daddy's service...

daddy daddy look at me
i would say as i crawled upon your knee

from bumps and scrapes to a coloring page
you were never too busy no matter the age

every recital, concert, or average day
we were never ever in your way

always kind and sweet with a heart of gold
and for a hug and a kiss i was never too old

the things you taught me are endless to list
but ok, i'll say a few if you insist...

to work hard and have fun and to love God's word
to love and give and listen to what i had heard

my partner in crime and a giant goof ball
i learned to not be too serious and to laugh through it all

daddy you taught me to always be strong
and to go through life sort of singing a song

i won't lie, you leaving so soon caught me off guard
and going on the same way from here will certainly be hard

but if i know you at all
you would tell me to stand tall

to get up and keep going and never quit
and to never slow down even a little bit

so i'll go back to school and i'll do it for you
and i'll love and give all of my heart for you too

there is plenty of days that i'll wish you were here
and as hard as i try not to i'll shed some tears

i know you're with jesus and that's very true
so i'll try not to be selfish and share you with jesus too

daddy i love you- you were the very best
and i'm glad that you can fanally take a rest :)


for now...
i
am
the
cupcake
:)









lovely paintings for daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment