Saturday, May 19, 2012

I am nothing without Him...


September 9, 2008

"I Am"

Pencil marks on a wall, I wasn’t always this tall
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed.
You watched my team win, and watched my team lose
Watched when my bicycle went down again.

When I was weak, unable to speak,
still I could call you by name
And I said Elbow Healer, Super Hero, come if you can.
You said, I am.

Only sixteen, life is so mean
What kind of curfew is at 10 pm?
You saw my mistakes and watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I’d never love again

When I was weak, unable to speak,
still I could call you by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret
keeper, be my best Friend
You said, I am

You saw me wear white by pale candle light
I said ‘forever’ to what lies ahead
Two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream
Too much it might seem when it is at 2 am.

When I am weak, unable to speak
still I will call you by name
Oh, Shepherd, Savior, Pasture Maker, Hold on to my hand.
You say, I am.

The winds of change and circumstance
Blow in and all around us
So we find a foothold that’s familiar.
And bless the moments that we feel you nearer.

When life had begun, I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne.
Who can say when, but they’ll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home

I will be weak, unable to speak
Still I will call you by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and End
I am. I am.

-Nicole Nordeman-

There really isn't much else I can follow up with...I am truely at a loss for words. Every time I come before God I am just so humbled that I get to be a part of something that is so much bigger than myself! That He could find such a great purpose for me...and most of all it brings tears to my eyes knowing that I have never experienced a day without Him and I never have to.
I can't imagine my life without Him....and I don't ever want to.
He has been all of those things and more to me and just when I have thought that we certainly couldn't go any further....He always always amazes me and takes my breath away!
He is the reason that I am here. That I live that I breathe that I love and serve.There is no greater cause than Him.
Already He has changed me and formed me and remolded me and I have learned to lay everything at his feet because He can and always will make it into something beautiful as long as I am willing to place it in His hands.
Please if you ever do anything for me...learn to know Him and love him the way I do.
I know that I don't usually go all crazy Christian and such...but listen.
I have known Him my whole life...but the past two weeks it's like I've met Him and fallen in love with Him all over again! He makes life worth while! He gives everything meaning and purpose...the trees the beautiful blue skies the crisp fall mornings....love...
you.

I reallly don't know how to explain it to you...all I know is that I want all of you to be able to read this and know exactly what I mean! I love all of you...everyone reading this and if you don't really get this or you think I'm totally out of my mind...tell me...ask me...let me try and share just a little bit of my heart...His heart with you!!!!!

This is the greatest thing that I can ever do for you...my friends...and I wish I would have shared my heart this way a long time ago...but I just don't think it would have come out the way I wanted it to.

So here it is...this is me. This is who I've been and who I am right now and this is exactly where I am headed. This is my whole heart! I really really hope that maybe you'll read and join in...

No comments:

Post a Comment