Saturday, May 19, 2012

becoming

May 31, 2009


so the other day i was singing all alone in my house. and the sunlight was pouring in through my bedroom windows and i could hear some birds singing in the trees...and well the hippie inside of me just couldn't help but smile. 

i want my life to be full of that. of laughter and sunshine and smiles. 

i want to laugh and smile and make other people laugh and smile three times as much. 

i want to always have a song in my heart and on the tip of my tongue. to roll down the windows, blare the music and sing at the top of my lungs. 

i want to just love people and life as much as i possibly can every single day. 

to wake up with a smile on my face and to end every day with a smile too. 

to do really good things for people and to give my whole heart to everything no matter how hard or how much that might hurt sometimes. putting your whole heart into everything can only make you stronger after all. 

i want to inspire people and to be inspired every single day by someone else. to find the good in every person and something to love about them. 

to always take time to smell the flowers, to look up at the clouds, to breath deeply at the sight of a beautiful sunrise or sunset and to walk through every puddle on the way to where i am going. 

to enjoy simple things like the smell of rain or blown out birthday candles, a burnt marshmallow over a summer campfire, or even to just listen to the silence or perhaps the sound of my shoes clicking on the sidewalk. 

all i know is that i am blessed. even on the roughest most horrible awful rotten days, i am blessed beyond what i could ever imagine or deserve. and i want to make sure that i always remember that. that God fills my life with so much joy that even on those days i can find something beautiful and wonderful about it. 

needless to say, i have lots of growing to do....but i figure i will work on finding one or two more things a day...and well i want to encourage you to do the same. 

it's a goal i think that we can all set for ourselves. 

to discover beauty in everyone and everything...

let me know how it goes for you :)embrace it ha haf .

No comments:

Post a Comment