Sunday, May 26, 2013

My New Favorite Spot




So...Capitol Hill, Seattle, WA is never lacking in interesting people or hang out spots. I have lived here on the Hill for about 2 years now and I have places I like to frequent, but until recently I hadn't found MY SPOT...you know that one special place that you look forward to going on good AND not so good days?

Well...about a month ago, this darling little Latin Cafe opened up just about six blocks from my place. I had been passing by it while they were in the process of remodeling and getting pretty excited as I saw them painting with lots of bright, sunny colors! Once they were officially open for business I just HAD to check them out :)



As soon as you walk in the door you are greeted by vivid greens, pinks, yellows, and oranges splashed all over the walls. Latin artwork fills the spacious area and mismatched chairs and table cloths are partnered with vases of fresh, vibrant flowers. 

Everyone who works there is friendly and there is always something new and exciting to taste. Anytime you sample coffee it comes in these darling little baby mugs...today I tried their new spicy coffee that they make in house...of course it was yummo! One of the owners is almost always there working the register and chatting with customers and they are excited to tell you all about what they are about and to recommend menu items.

Today I tried their zucchini pupusa which is like a ground corn pancake with cheese and zucchini inside. I also LOVE that they serve their drinks in unique, brightly colored and patterned pottery mugs! One of my favorite drinks is their latte made with a little bit of vanilla flavoring and hemp milk...yes HEMP milk (I made sure beforehand that there would be no unexpected altering affects ;)


Anyways. If you live in the area, you should certainly check it out, and if not, well put it on your list of must tries the next time you stop in Seattle. Just wanted to share my little spot of sunshine that I have found in the midst of gray, rainy Seattle :)




No comments:

Post a Comment