Friday, January 23, 2015

My Wilderness Currently

Hello friends.
Friday came WAY too soon this week! Truth be told, this week ran away from me. Like, I just could NOT get a grip on it.
I feel like I did't even do all that much and here I am on Friday afternoon feeling completely exhausted and drained and wondering how it isn't still Tuesday.
I have been struggling this week with a heavy feeling of being overwhelemd. Overwhelmed with phone calls to make and goals to keep and appointments to make and people to see and to call and even just by all of the thoughts and questions swirling around in my head. I've spent all day every day telling Jesus over and over again that I trust Him and that I believe He is leading and guiding and working out all of the details...trying my hardest to just focus and live today since that is what He asks me to do. And let me tell you what, for a planner and a thinker-aheader like me...focusing on today and living in the moment is e x h a u s t i n g!

All that to say, my brain has been a scattered mess all week and try as I might, I cannot seem to formulate some cohesive, profound thought for this week's blog. I can tell you this. More than ever, I am putting my whole self into living authentically. I want to be real and genuine and honest in everything that I do. EVERYTHING. Including this blog. So, rather than whip something up that makes it seem like I have it together and I have some monumentally life changing revelation at least once a week, I am going to share from exactly where I am. These are some of my favorite little inspirational pretties from my Pinterest Board entitled "Inspiration." I often return to that little page and scroll through when I have had weeks like this one. So, here's a little dose of encouragement and inspiration for you this Friday wherever you are, even if you don't know where it is you are exactly :)










(For some reason my little puppy seems to understand me most in times like these and he sort of just knows how to be there for me more than most people I know :)



(I am a firm believer of writing naps into one's to-do list. They are necessary at times to avoid the remainder of the to-do list that seems to overwhelm you as well as all of the unwanted thinking, and when you wake up, you still get to cross something off of the list. Win-win really.)









Happy Friday. 
Happy life. 
Go enjoy it for the scattered mess that it is sometimes :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment